Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Why a 2010 Vs ????

     I could have gotten newer one. Money was never the issue. So why did I go with an 11 year old, 1st generation Panamera?

        New brand new Panamera loses money faster than a sailor in a whore house. So to buy one at 160-200k. Then by signing a paper it is now worth 120k. And next year a 100. I am a stupid bastard, but not that stupid. Plus I would have to wait. I am not good at waiting. Amazon has spoiled me.

        What about 2017 and up? They are the current style. The inside, the dash, the gps/radio flat screen thingy look like shit. It looks like the inside of my father's 2000 Buick. The buttons are the same a Walmart microwave. Not cool or futuristic. Straight shit.

        I went with the generation 1 because the inside is spectacular. The interior layout is amazing. Only downside is you need to pull the PCM and upgrade it for apple play. I spend most of my week in the car. Between the bed and the driver's seat, that i s 60% of my day. The interior of the car has to be comfortable and a place I want to be.

        Genny 1 is 25% of the cost of a new one. No difference in motor or tranny. I could drive it and crash it. Or drive it and dump it in a few years. Or drive it and not give a shit. At that price its a Ford or Chevy, a throw away car. But it is a Porsche.

        Now I should have gone with a 2012. Then gotten a V6 engine and no air suspension. I like the interior so it had to be a 4S. Have you seen the V6 and all the empty buttons. What the shit? Every day I would have wondered what went there? What am I missing? Why did I get one with no buttons? Cheated, cheated I say.

        The 4S has all the buttons filled. And all the buttons in the back. (except the extra loud engine button. I hate the little fucker across the street with his fast and furious shit box. That starts up every goddam morning at 5am. My soul would leave my body to punch myself in the nuts if I was the cause of such noise at 5 motherfuckin am) Air suspension is one of them. That will be 10k at some point. The rear shade, and start and stop. Sport and Sport plus, are optional holes in your gas tank. Yeah yeah its a Porsche, they are made to go fast. I live in the Northeast. The roads do not support that level of speed nor do the local LEOs. So unless a curve a weekend out for a track event. Where exactly am I going to drive the hell out of it? This is an every day drive that I am going to put a cubic butt ton of miles on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home